As many of you know by now, the main reason I’m a nutritionist today is because I had a really lengthy & difficult post-natal recovery. For about three years, I didn’t sleep soundly, I was getting sinus infections like never before, I developed allergies, my anxiety levels were really bad – and sex? Pfff! Yeah right!
In no way, shape or form did I feel ready after my (ridiculous) 3-month maternity leave to return to my banking job. So I mourned my carefully curated career and focused on this amazing chance to be at home with my daughters. Because wasn’t I lucky? So many parents don’t get the luxury of choice.
Yes. I was lucky. And I will be eternally grateful for so many reasons that extend well beyond the time I spent with the kids. But that immense gratitude didn’t stop me from also feeling tired, sick, sick of feeling tired, bloated, dimply, pimply and by and large NOT the person I wanted to be.
And so now, one of Thrive’s main goals is to help women recover in the post-child era & feel like their true, amazing self.
Some women are ready to tackle that challenge a few months after they give birth. Others – like me – take longer: a year, maybe two. Some women wait until they’ve finished having kids to turn the spotlight on themselves and address their health goals.
The reality is that sooner or later, that time for self-care must come.
Our reality has totally changed. The way in which we practice that self-care needs to be efficient and on point. We have:
- no time to waste – period;
- no patience for fad diets & empty promises;
- no real confidence in treatments that just mask symptoms;
- no time to try out ridiculously complicated recipes;
- no space in our fridge or pantry for dozens of one-hit-wonder superfoods;
- no mental space for pumping out creative & delicious meal plans.
And can we please make nutrition fun and spontaneous?!?! Just a little…please!
These limitations become our new operating framework. We want to be healthier but can only dedicate so much time, money and counter space to the project.
I know! I hear you! Been there. And you know what? I still am “there”: reading, learning, updating my knowledge every day and offering you the best of the lot.
That’s why for the next few months until Christmas, my goal is get all us savvy mamas to SLEEP, LOVE & POOP like the champions we are.
SLEEPLOVEPOOP is the strategy I deploy to make sure I’m making the right nutrition decisions for me & for my family. Why do I use this strategy? It’s simple.
- SLEEP is fundamental for recovery, regeneration, brain function and energy creation;
- Eating in a way that shows our body LOVE and respect is essential for productivity, stress management, hormonal & blood sugar regulation;
- And a beautiful, brown POOP (or 2) every day is crucial for immunity and happiness.
Each month will be dedicated to one action.
What can you expect from SLEEPLOVEPOOP season?
- Solution-oriented articles offering you tips & advice based on science – not fad;
- Easy, family-friendly & delicious recipes that are formulated specifically to help you SLEEP, LOVE & POOP;
- Interviews with industry experts for more practical insights;
- Smart, fun workshops to help you reach your SLEEP, LOVE & POOP goals & connect with like-minded people;
- Cooking classes & exercise programmes to reinforce & round out your efforts.
So, whether you’ve just had a baby, are in-between pregnancies or have been done-and-dusted for ages, stay tuned for holistic nutrition solutions carefully crafted JUST FOR YOU.
SLEEPLOVEPOOP FOR MOMS launches October 1st.
Cristina Tahoces is a holistic nutritionist and owner of Thrive Nutrition Practice. Please join her Facebook group “Thrive Nutrition Practice” for daily articles, recipes, promotions on professional grade supplements and upcoming workshops.
Copyright © 2016 THRIVE NUTRITION PRACTICE LTD.