Don't you hate it when recipes call for roasted vegetables that you never have time to make??? Here's my delicious solution to roasting butternut squash in about 15min. Method:
- Take the butternut squash and cut it lengthwise in half.
- Then place the flat part on the chopping board and cut into 1cm half moon strips. You're going to want at least 4 half moons per person.
- Place the half moons on a roasting tray, sprinkle with a bit of salt and drizzle some coconut oil or olive oil and put in your toaster oven (or real oven at 200C) for about 15min.
SO DELICIOUS!!!! Not to mention so good for you:
- it is low in calories and provided you don't gorge on it, is suitable for weight-loss;
- it is the pumpkin with the richest source of VitA, which is so important for healthy eyesight, bones, teeth, hair and skin. VitA also plays a really important role in making sure you are resistant to colds & infections. And if any of you have little goosebumpy-pimples on the back of your upper arms -- that is a sign you're not getting enough VitA!
- it's also rich B vitamins - which you now know is so important for coping with stress.
This squash is a hit in my house and on the menu at least once a week now that we don't need to put it in the oven for an hour.
And guess what half moons are when you turn them right side up? SMILES!!!
HAPPY FOOD! HAPPY PEOPLE!
Thrive Nutrition Practice launches Spring 2016